My name: Christina Sterkoti a.k.a ChrisMiesterT
I am currently a student searching for some inspiration.
Inspiration is important in life. It gets us to do the things we would normally put off. Or leads to, oh I don’t know, artists like Michelangelo to create their best work; David.
Before I talk about my school career, because I know you all can’t wait to hear about that, let me share some info about myself.
- I am originally from Cyprus. Ehh!
- I have spent most of my life moving back and forth from Cyprus to Canada.
- Currently I am happily resided in Mississauga.
Yes moving around is hard. It can cause an identity crisis, but I learned not to get stuck on the details.
My Ekogenia (family):
- I am the youngest out of four siblings.
- We have had to live with and without each other over the years.
- My family is not perfect, actually it can be a little crazy, but it works out in the end.
- I picked up habits like watching Star Wars and playing Halo from my brothers. And interests in clothes and make-up from my sister. THE PERFECT BALANCE.
I am currently living with my siblings, while attending university. University of Toronto is the name, and Undergraduate Degree is the game!
School to me feels like an alternate universe!
It feels like a limbo state to be precise. I am an adult who is still mostly dependent. I spend a majority of my time thinking about the jobs I will have. But, at the same time, I am unable to commit to a full time job as a student.
‘‘School is a full time job.“ I can still recall my professor from first year saying that. shivers at the thought.
This limbo stage of my life can be a little bit of a downer. Inspiration is how I give myself the BOOSTERJUICE I need to enjoy everything that I have now.
Why do a photography inspired blog:
- Photography is one of the means in which I get inspired.
- Photographers are forced to be engaged with everything around them.
Plus it’s fun pressing all the buttons on the camera.
Pictures work like memories. So if I want to remember the fried chicken I had for dinner last night then, YES, I am going to take a picture.
Ultimately, I am on a quest to take pictures of the unexpected things in life. I try to focus on having fun while taking photos, and not worrying about getting it right every time.